Apr 9, 2010

The Chongs like a bargain (pt 2)



So, here's the table all completed.  The latches underneath was a pain in the rear.  I guess the table is made of some pretty hard wood.  I'm guessing oak.  I pre-drilled the holes but every time I get close to tightening it the screw top would shear off the screw.  It was one of those frustrating moments.  I returned the brand that you see in the previous post.  The hardware was actually for a window.  I saw it used on another pedestal table and thought I would give it a try.  I opted to use a latch that is typically used on trunks.  The screws that came with that latch also broke off too.  I had to use some screws that I had in my tool box.  

This is the table with the leaf.  



... and here is the table without the leaf.  Looks nice if I do say so myself.  

No comments: